Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Breaking out the bowls

Over the weekend two utensils were brought out, cleaned and put back into use after several years of storage. One is a large stainless steel bowl that my first dog Captain ate out of. I do not know exactly when we purchased that bowl, but Captain was born in 1976 and I associate that bowl with that period of time. I would not be surprised if we bought that bowl at Fleet/Farm a wonderful farm store located near Sturtevant, WI where we lived with we got Captain. The bowl is large was used when we had our other pair of dogs, Mattie and Blondie. The bowl was put up as our last dog, Cilla, could've slept in it. Now the bowl sits on the front porch and is the water bowl for our newest additions, Molly and Lily, two Yellow Labs we picked up from Terry's mom.

The second utensil is an old, beat up aluminum measuring cup. It is the cup I used when I measured out Captain's food. It also go put up after Mattie and Blondie passed. Now I use it to measure out the food for Lily and Molly. The cup was probably purchased at some flea market in Racine. The aluminum handle is broken off and only the rivets remain. As I said, it is dented, showing years of good service. Now it shall be put into service again, and I hope it lasts for another 30 years.

No comments: