Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow storm in Arkansas 2/28/09

A month ago we got hit with a very vicious ice storm. The damage to trees and the electric grid in a wide area of the MidSouth was horrendous. We usually get some snow in Arkansas, not much but enough to brighten my spirits when it occurs. This time we got nailed, the forecast said we should expect 1 - 2 inches of accumulation, perhaps a dusting in some areas. Instead we got a good old fashion Yankee snow storm. I've heard reports that we received 9 to 11 inches. It is hard for me to measure snow fall depth because it varies so much depending on where you measure it. If you measure it on flat ground, the accuracy is not reliable because wind can move snow so easily. If you measure it in the woods you have drifting and hummocks. So I have to take the weather reports as accurate. Regardless I have attached two videos I shot. One is at the beginning of the snow storm on Saturday 2/28/09 in the afternoon. The second is from Sunday morning, 3/1/09 at sunrise.

Enjoy, I did

No comments: